Black Monday?

|
Wow what a hootananny! I think the Democrats are forced into a corner now in that they'll have to bring on board the 95 Democrats who voted against the bailout bill. That means a party-line vote that they'll actually have to take responsibility for! It's a good move for the Republicans because the bailout is total bullshit; Congress just needs to be seen "doing something." I disagree with Megan, who thinks this is an example of national interest subsumed by politics. I think it's an example of one of those rare times when national interest, principle, and politics all align.

Here's one vote for a Do-Nothing Congress. I suspect the financial markets are going to differ with me in the short- and medium-term, but a partisan Democrat Party bill may calm the markets even if it is a path that leads straight to Niflheim.

0 comments: